Matt's arXiV selection, Monday 2nd January 2006.

From: Matthew Davis <mdavis_at_physics.uq.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 08:50:31 +1000 (EST)

Happy New Year everyone!

I'm moving my arXiV selection email to Mondays... the emails arrive a
little late on Fridays to process and get it out.

See you,
Matt.

\\
Paper: physics/0512207
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 05:08:12 GMT (476kb)

Title: Three-body systems with attractive 1/r potentials
Authors: J. P. D'Incao, S. C. Cheng, H. Suno and B. D. Esry
Subj-class: Atomic Physics
\\
   We have used the hyperspherical adiabatic representation to describe the
system of three identical bosons in an spin stretched state interacting by an
attractive 1/r potential. A proposal has been made how such a system might be
realized experimentally in cold trapped atoms using extremely off-resonant
laser fields [Phys. Rev. Lett. 84, 5687 (2000)]. We have obtained effective
potentials, channel functions, and nonadiabatic couplings for this gravity-like
interaction, allowing us to calculate the ground state energy with accuracy
that substantially improves upon previous results. We have similarly calculated
the energies for the first four 0^+ excited states. These results show that the
simple adiabatic hyperspherical approximation offers an accurate description
for such a system.
\\ ( http://arXiv.org/abs/physics/0512207 , 476kb)
\\
Paper: physics/0512214