Matt's arXiv selection, Monday 23rd January 2006.

From: Matthew Davis <mdavis_at_physics.uq.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 10:40:31 +1000 (EST)

\\
Paper: cond-mat/0601289
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 15:52:14 GMT (7kb)

Title: Force on a moving point impurity due to quantum fluctuations in a
   Bose-Einstein condensate
Authors: D. C. Roberts
Subj-class: Statistical Mechanics; Other
\\
   An analytic expression is derived for a force on a weak point impurity
arising from the scattering of quantum fluctuations in a slow-moving, weakly
interacting, three-dimensional Bose-Einstein condensate at zero temperature.
This force is shown to exist at all flow velocities, including those below
Landau's critical velocity. Furthermore, this force is shown to be directly
proportional to the flow speed.
\\ ( http://arXiv.org/abs/cond-mat/0601289 , 7kb)
\\
Paper: cond-mat/0508584
replaced with revised version Fri, 13 Jan 2006 20:09:24 GMT (36kb)

Title: Bose-Einstein Condensates in Rotating Lattices
Authors: Rajiv Bhat (1), L. D. Carr (2), M. J. Holland (1) ((1) JILA, National
   Institute of Standards and Technology and Department of Physics, University
   of Colorado-Boulder, (2) Colorado School of Mines)
Comments: 4 pages, 5 figures, Accepted for publication in PRL v2: Replaced
   phase winding labels with symmetry eigenstate indices, replaced Gaussian
   Ansatz with more general treatment and other minor changes
Subj-class: Other
\\ ( http://arXiv.org/abs/cond-mat/0508584 , 36kb)
\\
Paper: cond-mat/0508629
replaced with revised version Fri, 13 Jan 2006 09:25:07 GMT (12kb)

Title: Anyonic Excitations in Fast Rotating Bose Gases Revisited
Authors: A. Lakhoua, M. Lassaut, T. Masson, J.C. Wallet
Comments: 5 pages. Improved version to be published in Phys. Rev. A, including
   a physical discussion on relevant interactions and scattering regime together
   with implication on the nature of statistical interaction
Subj-class: Mesoscopic Systems and Quantum Hall Effect
\\ ( http://arXiv.org/abs/cond-mat/0508629 , 12kb)
\\
Paper (*cross-listing*): quant-ph/0507167
replaced with revised version Fri, 13 Jan 2006 13:03:33 GMT (91kb)

Title: No approximate complex fermion coherent states
Authors: Tomas Tyc, Brett Hamilton, Barry C. Sanders and William D. Oliver
Comments: Argumentation made clearer
Subj-class: Quantum Physics; Other
\\ ( http://arXiv.org/abs/quant-ph/0507167 , 91kb)
\\