Matt's arXiv selection, Monday 13 February 2006.

From: Matthew Davis <mdavis_at_physics.uq.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 10:51:41 +1000 (EST)

The following message was sent to the matts_arxiv list by Matthew Davis <mdavis_at_physics.uq.edu.au>

\\
Paper: cond-mat/0602061
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 22:53:14 GMT (363kb)

Title: Quantum turbulence and correlations in Bose-Einstein condensate
   collisions
Authors: A. A. Norrie, R. J. Ballagh, C. W. Gardiner, and A. S. Bradley
Subj-class: Other
\\
   We investigate numerically simulated collisions between experimentally
realistic Bose-Einstein condensate wavepackets, within a regime where highly
populated scattering haloes are formed. The theoretical basis for this work is
the truncated Wigner method, for which we present a detailed derivation, paying
particular attention to its validity regime for colliding condensates. This
paper is an extension of our previous Letter [A. A. Norrie, R. J. Ballagh, and
C. W. Gardiner, Phys. Rev. Lett. 94, 040401 (2005)] and we investigate both
single-trajectory solutions, which reveal the presence of quantum turbulence in
the scattering halo, and ensembles of trajectories, which we use to calculate
quantum-mechanical correlation functions of the field.
\\ ( http://arXiv.org/abs/cond-mat/0602061 , 363kb)
\\
Paper: cond-mat/0602062