Matt's arXiv selection: week ending 24th November 2006.

From: Matthew Davis <mdavis_at_physics.uq.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 09:49:53 +1000 (EST)

The following message was sent to the matts_arxiv list by Matthew Davis <mdavis_at_physics.uq.edu.au>

Hi all,

Slightly late again this week. Next week's should be slightly early.

Only 23 new papers this time. I heard a slightly amusing story from one of our
graduate students a few days ago: when he started his PhD earlier this year he
thought that he should be reading *every* paper in the weekly arXiv seletion.
He started to get a bit stressed when he was only getting through three or four
and trying to do some work as well. Thankfully someone put him straight before
he decided to quit!

On with the abstracts:

\\
Paper: cond-mat/0611446