Matt's arXiv selection: week ending 8th December 2006.

From: Matthew Davis <mdavis_at_physics.uq.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 15:05:16 +1000 (EST)

The following message was sent to the matts_arxiv list by Matthew Davis <mdavis_at_physics.uq.edu.au>

New preprints:

\\
Paper: cond-mat/0612009
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 00:32:54 GMT (217kb)
Title: Supersolids and Solids to Supersolids transitions in frustrated lattices
Authors: Jinwu Ye
Comments: 6 pages, Revtex, 3 figures. For previous work on bipartite lattices
see cond-mat/0503113
Subj-class: Strongly Correlated Electrons; Materials Science
\\
   We studied all the possible phases and phase transitions in an extended boson
Hubbard model slightly away from $ 1/3 $ ($ 2/3 $) filling on frustrated
lattices such as triangular and kagome lattice. We find that in the insulating
side, different kinds of supersolids are generic stable states slightly away
from $ 1/3 $ ($ 2/3 $) filling. We propose a new kind of supersolid: charge
density wave-valence bond supersolid in kagome lattice. We show that the
quantum phase transitions from solids to supersolids driven by a chemical
potential are in the same universality class as that from a Mott insulator to a
superfluid, therefore have exact exponents $ z=2, \nu=1/2, \eta=0 $ (with
logarithmic corrections). Comparisons with previous quantum Monte-Carlo (QMC)
simulations on some microscopic models on triangular and Kagome lattices are
made. Implications on possible future QMC simulations with both nearest
neighbor and next nearest neighbor interactions in both lattices are given. The
results achieved in this paper on frustrated lattices and those achieved in the
previous paper (cond-mat/0503113) on bipartite lattices provide a unified and
simple picture to describe supersolids on any lattices at any filling factors
with any kinds of lattice symmetry breaking patterns. They should have direct
impacts on ultra-cold atoms on optical lattices and may also shed some lights
on microscopic origins and phenomenological theory of possible $ ^{4} He $
supersolid.
\\ ( http://arXiv.org/abs/cond-mat/0612009 , 217kb)
\\
Paper: cond-mat/0612011