Matt's arXiv selection: week ending 29 February 2008.

From: Matthew Davis <mdavis_at_physics.uq.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 13:49:02 +1000

Hi all,

There are 27 new preprints, and only 2 replacements it seems.... I hope I
haven't missed any... let me know if I did miss yours.

\\
arXiv:0802.3211
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 21:18:27 GMT (204kb)

Title: Antiferromagnetic Order of Strongly Interacting Fermions in a Trap:
   Real-Space Dynamical Mean-Field Analysis
Authors: M. Snoek, I. Titvinidze, C. Toke, K. Byczuk, and W. Hofstetter
Categories: cond-mat.str-el
Comments: 4 pages 4 figures
License: http://arxiv.org/licenses/nonexclusive-distrib/1.0/
\\
   We develop and apply a Real-Space Dynamical Mean-Field Theory (R-DMFT)
approach for interacting fermions in an inhomogeneous environment. We apply
this non-perturbative scheme to antiferromagnetic states of repulsively
interacting fermions with spin $\tfrac{1}{2}$ in a harmonic potential. Within
R-DMFT antiferromagnetic order is found to be stable in spatial regions with
total particle density close to one, but persists also in parts of the system
where the local density significantly deviates from half filling. In systems
with spin imbalance, we find that antiferromagnetism is gradually suppressed
and phase separation emerges beyond a critical value of the spin imbalance.
\\ ( http://arxiv.org/abs/0802.3211 , 204kb)
\\
arXiv:0802.3225