[Matts-arxiv] Matt's arXiv selection: week ending 5 June 2009

From: Matthew Davis <mdavis_at_physics.uq.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 14:37:39 +1000

Dear subscribers,

This week Simon Haine compiled the list of abstracts. There are 14 new
preprints and 10 replacements:

\\
arXiv:0905.4750
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 21:09:05 GMT (301kb)

Title: Transport of ultracold Bose gases beyond the Gross-Pitaevskii
  description
Authors: Thomas Ernst, Tobias Paul, and Peter Schlagheck
Categories: cond-mat.quant-gas
Comments: 12 pages, 7 figures
\\
  We explore atom-laser-like transport processes of ultracold Bose-condensed
atomic vapors in mesoscopic waveguide structures beyond the Gross-Pitaevskii
mean-field theory. Based on a microscopic description of the transport process
in the presence of a coherent source which models the outcoupling from a
reservoir of perfectly Bose-Einstein condensed atoms, we derive a system of
coupled quantum evolution equations that describe the dynamics of a dilute
condensed Bose gas in the framework of the Hartree-Fock-Bogoliubov
approximation. We apply this method to study the transport of dilute Bose gases
through an atomic quantum dot and through waveguides with disorder. Our
numerical simulations reveal that the onset of an explictly time-dependent flow
corresponds to the appearance of strong depletion of the condensate on the
microscopic level and leads to a loss of global phase coherence.
\\ ( http://arxiv.org/abs/0905.4750 , 301kb)
\\
arXiv:0905.4783