[Matts-arxiv] Matt's arXiv selection: week ending 31 July 2009

From: Matthew Davis <mdavis_at_physics.uq.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 19:26:35 +1000

Dear subscribers,

This was a big week: 44 new preprints and 24 replacements.

\\
arXiv:0907.1267 (*cross-listing*)
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 17:18:12 GMT (10kb)

Title: On the speed of fluctuations around thermodynamic equilibrium
Authors: Noah Linden, Sandu Popescu, Anthony J Short, Andreas Winter
Categories: quant-ph cond-mat.stat-mech
\\
   We study the speed of fluctuation of a quantum system around its
thermodynamic equilibrium state, and show that the speed will be extremely
small for almost all times in typical thermodynamic cases. The setting
considered here is that of a quantum system couples to a bath, both jointly
described as a closed system. This setting, is the same as the one considered
in [N. Linden et al., Phys. Rev. E 79:061103 (2009)] and the ``thermodynamic
equilibrium state'' refers to a situation that includes the usual thermodynamic
equilibrium case, as well as far more general situations.
\\ ( http://arxiv.org/abs/0907.1267 , 10kb)
\\
arXiv:0907.1587 (*cross-listing*)