[Matts-arxiv] Matt's arXiv selection: week ending 2 July 2010

From: Matthew Davis <mdavis_at_physics.uq.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 22:53:55 +1000

Dear subscribers,

This week's selection was compiled by Mike Garrett, and contains 35 new
abstracts and 12 replacements.

\\
arXiv:0910.1749 (*cross-listing*)
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 14:41:16 GMT (186kb)
Date (revised v2): Tue, 1 Dec 2009 14:25:44 GMT (186kb)
Date (revised v3): Fri, 14 May 2010 13:48:33 GMT (187kb)

Title: Fermionization dynamics of a strongly interacting 1D Bose gas after an
   interaction quench
Authors: Dominik Muth, Bernd Schmidt, and Michael Fleischhauer
Categories: quant-ph cond-mat.quant-gas physics.comp-ph
Comments: 10 pages, 4 figures
\\
   We study the dynamics of a one-dimensional Bose gas after a sudden change of
the interaction strength from zero to a finite value using the numerical
time-evolving block decimation (TEBD) algorithm. It is shown that despite the
integrability of the system, local quantities such as the two-particle
correlation g^(2)(x, x) attain steady state values in a short characteristic
time inversely proportional to the Tonks parameter gamma and the square of the
density. The asymptotic values are very close to those of a finite temperature
grand canonical ensemble with a local temperature corresponding to initial
energy and density. Non-local density-density correlations on the other hand
approach a steady state on a much larger time scale determined by the finite
propagation velocity of oscillatory correlation waves.
\\ ( http://arxiv.org/abs/0910.1749 , 187kb)
\\
arXiv:1004.2408 (*cross-listing*)
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 14:34:38 GMT (149kb)