[Matts-arxiv] Matt's arXiv selection: week ending 6 August 2010

From: Matthew Davis <mdavis_at_physics.uq.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 22:32:45 +1000

Dear subscribers,

This week's selection was compiled by Mike Garrett, and contains 34 new
abstracts and 18 replacements.

\\
arXiv:0905.3263 (*cross-listing*)
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 09:58:07 GMT (280kb,D)

Title: Energy cascades and spectra in turbulent Bose-Einstein condensates
Authors: Davide Proment, Sergey Nazarenko, Miguel Onorato
Categories: nlin.CD cond-mat.other physics.flu-dyn
Comments: 10 pages, 5 figures
DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevA.80.051603
\\
   We present a numerical study of turbulence in Bose-Einstein condensates
within the 3D Gross-Pitaevskii equation. We concentrate on the direct energy
cascade in forced-dissipated systems. We show that behavior of the system is
very sensitive to the properties of the model at the scales greater than the
forcing scale, and we identify three different universal regimes: (1) a
non-stationary regime with condensation and transition from a four-wave to a
three-wave interaction process when the largest scales are not dissipated, (2)
a steady weak wave turbulence regime when largest scales are dissipated with a
friction-type dissipation, (3) a state with a scale-by-scale balance of the
linear and the nonlinear timescales when the large-scale dissipation is a
hypo-viscosity.
\\ ( http://arxiv.org/abs/0905.3263 , 280kb)
\\
arXiv:1007.5331 (*cross-listing*)