[Matts-arxiv] Matt's arXiv selection: week ending 25 September 2009

From: Matthew Davis <mdavis_at_physics.uq.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 20:48:07 +1000

Dear subscribers,

This week's email was collated by Mike Garrett. There are 32 new preprints and
17 replacements.

\\
arXiv:0909.3357
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 06:03:31 GMT (104kb)

Title: Reentrance of Bose-Einstein condensation in spinor atomic gases in
   magnetic field
Authors: Chengjun Tao, Zhirong Jiao, and Qiang Gu
Categories: cond-mat.quant-gas cond-mat.supr-con
Comments: 6 pages, 6 figures
\\
   We calculate the Bose-Einstein condensation (BEC) temperature of spin-1
atomic bosons in external magnetic field, taking into account the influence of
the quadratic Zeeman effect. In case that the quadratic Zeeman coefficient is
positive, the BEC temperature exhibits a nontrivial dependance on the magnetic
field and a magnetic-field-induced reentrant phenomenon of BEC is observed.
This phenomenon could be well understood by the competition between the linear
and quadratic Zeeman effects. Reentrance of BEC in a trapped spinor Bose gas is
also discussed.
\\ ( http://arxiv.org/abs/0909.3357 , 104kb)
\\
arXiv:0909.3455