[Matts-arxiv] Matt's arXiv selection: week ending 18 June 2010

From: Matthew Davis <mdavis_at_physics.uq.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 14:06:53 +1000

Dear subscribers,

This week's selection was compiled by Geoff Lee, and contains 38 new
abstracts and 9 replacements.

\\
arXiv:0912.1305 (*cross-listing*)
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 18:53:47 GMT (242kb)
Date (revised v2): Fri, 11 Jun 2010 08:23:19 GMT (619kb,D)

Title: Vortex entanglement in Bose-Einstein condensates coupled to
   Laguerre-Gauss beams
Authors: N. Lo Gullo, S. McEndoo, Th. Busch, M. Paternostro
Categories: cond-mat.quant-gas quant-ph
Comments: 10 pages, 7 figures, RevTex4
Journal-ref: Phys. Rev. A 81, 053625 (2010)
\\
   We study the establishment of vortex entanglement in remote and weakly
interacting Bose Einstein condensates. We consider a two-mode photonic resource
entangled in its orbital angular momentum (OAM) degree of freedom and, by
exploiting the process of light-to-BEC OAM transfer, demonstrate that such
entanglement can be efficiently passed to the matter-like systems. Our proposal
thus represents a building block for novel low-dissipation and long-memory
communication channels based on OAM. We discuss issues of practical
realizability, stressing the feasibility of our scheme and present an operative
technique for the indirect inference of the set vortex entanglement.
\\ ( http://arxiv.org/abs/0912.1305 , 619kb)
\\
arXiv:1006.2160 (*cross-listing*)