[Matts-arxiv] Matt's arXiv selection: week ending 10 September 2010

From: Matthew Davis <mdavis_at_physics.uq.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 22:05:43 +1000

Dear subscribers,

This week's selection was compiled by Jacopo Sabbatini, and contains 36 new
abstracts and 15 replacements.

\\
arXiv:1009.0555
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 22:26:42 GMT (848kb)

Title: Anderson localization in Bose-Einstein condensates
Authors: Giovanni Modugno
Categories: cond-mat.dis-nn cond-mat.quant-gas quant-ph
Comments: 15 pages review, to appear in Reports on Progress in Physics
\\
   The understanding of disordered quantum systems is still far from being
complete, despite many decades of research on a variety of physical systems. In
this review we discuss how Bose-Einstein condensates of ultracold atoms in
disordered potentials have opened a new window for studying fundamental
phenomena related to disorder. In particular, we point our attention to recent
experimental studies on Anderson localization and on the interplay of disorder
and weak interactions. These realize a very promising starting point for a
deeper understanding of the complex behaviour of interacting, disordered
systems.
\\ ( http://arxiv.org/abs/1009.0555 , 848kb)
\\
arXiv:1009.0587