[Matts-arxiv] Matt's arXiv selection: week ending 3 September 2010

From: Matthew Davis <mdavis_at_physics.uq.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 23:00:33 +1000

Dear subscribers,

This week's selection was compiled by Chao Feng, and contains 27 new
abstracts and 20 replacements.

\\
arXiv:1008.4603 (*cross-listing*)
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 21:21:27 GMT (705kb)

Title: Local and spatially extended sub-Poisson atom number fluctuations in
   optical lattices
Authors: C. Gross, J. Esteve, M. K. Oberthaler, A. D. Martin, J. Ruostekoski
Categories: cond-mat.quant-gas quant-ph
\\
   We demonstrate that ultracold interacting bosonic atoms in an optical lattice
show sub-Poissonian on-site and inter-site atom number fluctuations. The
experimental observations agree with numerical predictions of the truncated
Wigner approximation. The correlations persist in the presence of multi-mode
atom dynamics and even over large spatially extended samples involving several
sites and large populations.
\\ ( http://arxiv.org/abs/1008.4603 , 705kb)
\\
arXiv:1008.4664