Matt's arXiv selection: week ending 3 November 2006.

From: Matthew Davis <mdavis_at_physics.uq.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 17:43:52 +1000 (EST)

The following message was sent to the matts_arxiv list by Matthew Davis <mdavis_at_physics.uq.edu.au>

Home page: http://www.physics.uq.edu.au/people/mdavis/matts_arXiv/

A total of 28 new abstracts this week:

\\
Paper: cond-mat/0610749
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 20:03:27 GMT (218kb)

Title: Dynamical collapse in a degenerate binary fermion mixture using a
   hydrodynamic model
Authors: Sadhan K. Adhikari
Comments: 18 pages, 9 figures
Subj-class: Other
Journal-ref: New J. Phys 8 (2006) 258 (1-15)
\\
   We use a time-dependent dynamical hydrodynamic model to study a collapse in a
degenerate fermion-fermion mixture (DFFM) of different atoms. Due to a strong
Pauli-blocking repulsion among identical spin-polarized fermions at short
distances there cannot be a collapse for repulsive interspecies fermion-fermion
interaction. However, there can be a collapse for a sufficiently attractive
interspecies fermion-fermion interaction in a DFFM of different atoms. Using a
variational analysis and numerical solution of the hydrodynamic model we study
different aspects of collapse in such a DFFM initiated by a jump in the
interspecies fermion-fermion interaction (scattering length) to a large
negative (attractive) value using a Feshbach resonance. Suggestion for
experiments of collapse in a DFFM of distinct atoms is made.
\\ ( http://arXiv.org/abs/cond-mat/0610749 , 218kb)
\\
Paper: cond-mat/0610766